Cutting Board Care
Your new Wilder Wood Works cutting board was made with loving care using only the finest hardwoods. All boards come pretreated with 3 to 5 coats of food safe mineral oil and are ready for use. We would suggest that if your board has an inlay or decorative pattern that actual cutting be done on plain side preserving the decorated side for displaying or serving only. With proper care it will serve you and your family well for many years to come.
- Never put a wooden cutting board in the dishwasher.
- Never leave the board soaking in water.
- Do clean with hot soapy water.
- Do dry off the board with cloth or paper towels.
- Do air dry standing on edge.
- Ensure that the cutting board is clean and dry prior to re-treating.
- Wipe the board with cloth or paper towel soaked in mineral oil.
- Let the oil soak into the board then dry with a clean towel.
- Use only food grade or USP mineral oil - can be found at most drug stores.
- Never use olive or vegetable oil as this will go rancid.
- Re-oiling the board on a regular basis will prevent cracking, extend the life and make your board look new again.
- Cutting boards can be sanitized with a solution of 1 part vinegar and 5 parts water.
- Using a clean cloth wipe the board down thoroughly with the vinegar solution.
- Allow the board to stand and dry for a short period.
- Rinse off the board with clean water and dry.
- Apply a coat of mineral oil as described above.
- The wood grain making the board feel fuzzy when it gets wet. This is normal and should wear off with use.
- If desired you can sand the board smooth using a fine sandpaper.
- If sanded re-apply mineral oil as discussed above.
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and remember cutting boards make great gifts.
Wilder Wood WorksTewksbury, MA 01876978-726-9413jeff at wilderwoodworks.comwww.wilderwoodworks.com